Kid Attractions in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV is a great destination for families. There are several things to enjoy with kids of all ages, including:
- Family-friendly resorts: Many hotels and resorts in Las Vegas have transformed themselves into family-friendly destinations. They offer amenities like water parks, kids clubs, and child-friendly entertainment.
- Food variety: Las Vegas has diverse dining options, including kid-friendly restaurants, ensuring that even picky eaters can find something they like.
- Entertainment: While some of the nightlife might not be suitable for kids, there are family-friendly shows, concerts, and performances regularly happening in the city, as well as tons of movie theaters.
- Museums and exhibits
- Indoor and outdoor attractions
- Adventure and theme parks
- Natural beauty
List of Kid Attractions in Las Vegas
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: This is a natural wonder with stunning red rock formations, hiking trails, and scenic drives. There are several different trails, each with varying difficulty levels that makes it perfect for all ages.
- Springs Preserve: A family-friendly attraction with gardens, interactive exhibits, and walking trails. Suitable for all ages.
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay: An underwater world featuring a variety of marine life. Suitable for all ages, however the virtual reality experience is only for ages 5 and up.
- Lion Habitat Ranch: A sanctuary for lions and other big cats. Suitable for all ages, but younger children might require close supervision.
- High Roller Observation Wheel at The LINQ: A giant observation wheel offering views of Las Vegas. Suitable for all ages, but children under 6 might need assistance with safety measures.
- Seven Magic Mountains: A unique and vibrant art installation located in the desert just outside of Las Vegas. It consists of seven towering stacks of brightly colored boulders that rise up to 35 ft in height. Suitable for all ages.
- Adventuredome Theme Park at Circus Circus: An indoor amusement park with rides and attractions (arcade games, virtual experiences, etc). A lot of rides have a height restriction of 48″ and taller, but there are a few that don’t.
- Cowabunga Bay: A water park with slides and attractions. Perfect for families with children aged 5 and up (some rides have a height restriction of 48″ and taller). There are a couple of nice areas for children.
- Cowabunga Canyon: Previously known as Wet ‘n’ Wild, another water park with slides and attractions. Also great for families with children aged 5 and up (most rides have a heigh restriction of 42″ and taller). There is a cute playground area for younger children.
The Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens: A captivating indoor garden within the Bellagio Hotel and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip. It features seasonal displays, thematic designs, and interactive elements like walkways and gazebos. The garden changes its themes throughout the year, making each visit a unique experience. Suitable for visitors of all ages. It’s a really great stop for families with children of any age, as well as teenagers and adults.
- Discovery Children’s Museum: Hands-on exhibits and interactive learning experiences for children of all ages, but especially engaging for those aged 2 to 12.
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas: A wax museum with lifelike celebrity figures. Fun for all ages, but older kids and teenagers may appreciate it more.
- The Mob Museum: A museum dedicated to the history of organized crime. All ages are welcome, but due to the subject matter, some may find it better for ages 12 and older. The interactions require participants to be aged 11 and older, and under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The Distillery Tour is for ages 21 and up.
Shows and Performances
- Cirque du Soleil Shows: Age suitability varies by show, but most are family-friendly and can be enjoyed by children aged 5 and up.
- Blue Man Group at Luxor Hotel and Casino: A unique theatrical experience suitable for ages 3 and up, but may be more appreciated by older kids.
- Tournament of Kings at Excalibur Hotel & Casino: A dinner show featuring medieval jousting. Fun for all ages, especially kids who enjoy knights and horses.
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theater at V Theater: A family-friendly comedy show featuring trained animals. Suitable for all ages.
Dining and Shopping
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory & Botanical Cactus Garden: An educational chocolate factory tour and beautiful cactus garden. Best for kids aged 4 and above who can learn about chocolate production.
- M&M’s World Las Vegas: A colorful store with M&M’s merchandise and interactive displays. Fun for all ages, but older children might appreciate it more.
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie: A restaurant known for its extravagant desserts. Suitable for all ages.
- The Cheesecake Factory: A popular restaurant with a diverse menu. Suitable for all ages.
- Town Square: A vibrant shopping, dining, and entertainment shopping center in Las Vegas, featuring a mix of stores and restaurants. Suitable for all ages.
Bonus: Seasonal Fun
- Magical Forest at Opportunity Village: A holiday wonderland with dazzling lights, festive entertainment, and a chance to meet Santa Claus. Suitable for visitors of all ages, including infants and toddlers.
- HallOVeen at Opportunity Village: A family-friendly Halloween event featuring spooky decorations, entertainment, and a safe trick-or-treating experience. Perfect for younger children and also enjoyable for older kids and adults.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Las Vegas with kids is during the spring (March to May) and fall (September to November) seasons. These periods offer milder weather, making it more comfortable for outdoor activities. Summer can be extremely hot, so if you visit during this season, be prepared for extreme heat. Additionally, mid-week visits can be less crowded and more family-friendly than weekends.
Family-friendly accommodations: Many Las Vegas hotels and resorts offer family-friendly accommodations. Some popular options include:
The Mirage: Known for its tropical atmosphere and family-oriented amenities.
Mandalay Bay: Offers a wave pool and Shark Reef Aquarium for kids.
Excalibur Hotel & Casino: Features a medieval theme and family-friendly dining options.
Circus Circus: Known for its Adventuredome theme park and affordable family rooms.
Public transportation: the Las Vegas Monorail and buses are convenient for getting around the Strip. Most resorts also provide free shuttle services to key attractions.
Rental cars: if you plan to explore beyond the Strip, renting a car can be practical. Ensure proper child safety seats.
Walking: many attractions along the Strip are within walking distance, but keep in mind the desert heat and crowded sidewalks, especially in the summer.
Stay hydrated: The desert climate can be extremely dry and hot. Ensure your family drinks plenty of water to stay hydrated, especially during summer visits.
Sun protection: Use sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to protect from the sun’s rays.
Safety in crowds: Keep a close eye on your children, especially in crowded areas like the Strip, to prevent them from getting separated.
Childproofing: If you have young children, consider childproofing your hotel room for their safety.
There are a lot of kid attractions in Las Vegas to be experienced and enjoyed!
With its diverse range of attractions, family-friendly accommodations, and convenient transportation options, Las Vegas can be a memorable destination for families with kids.
While having fun exploring the city, remember to stay safe and hydrated in the desert climate.
What is your favorite thing to do in Las Vegas with kids?